Get 35 years of experience applied to your portfolio.
All Legacy clients are unique, but their needs often aren’t. For example, we frequently assist with the following financial situations.
To make sure you’re able to enjoy the fruits of your labor, let us advise on the following topics:
- Outliving retirement income – About 30 percent of our clients regularly withdraw funds from their investment portfolios for living expenses. We’ll assess your probability of outliving your investment portfolios and prepare strategies to prevent it.
- Assisting with the tough decisions – To help you comfortably live within your means, we help determine if you should work longer, spend less, and/or save more for your eventual retirement.
- Maximizing pension options – After reviewing your other pensions, social security, net worth, life expectancy, and other details, we’ll recommend a plan that makes the most of your pension.
Estate planning can be daunting and uncomfortable. If you’d rather not face it alone, we have an estate planning expert who can help with the following:
- Aid for surviving spouse – In most marriages, one person tends to play a more active role in managing the family’s financial affairs. If that isn’t you, we’ll help get you up to speed.
- Reviewing estate documents and providing recommendations to achieve your goals – To ensure everything goes where you intend, we may suggest updates that reflect your wishes and alleviate probate and tax concerns.
- Charitably inclined – Determining the best way to fund your charitable intentions can be very complicated. We will help you navigate various estate planning strategies to minimize taxes and reward your favorite charities, all while taking care of your loved ones.
The following services can take your tax planning from “oh, boy” to “oh, that was easy.”
- Identify opportunities to save on taxes – Gifting appreciated securities, avoiding gains, and harvesting losses are just a handful of the strategies we use to help keep your tax bill low.
- Prepare tax projections – Annual tax projections can help determine when you should make charitable donations, fund an IRA, pay property taxes, or consider a Roth IRA.
- Work with your tax preparer – Although we don’t process tax returns, we will make sure your tax professional has the information they need to get the job done.
EXECUTIVE BENEFITS ASSESSMENT
The corner office comes with a lot of options. If you’re a corporate executive, we can help you sort through your financial opportunities, including:
- Maximize your corporate benefits – 401(k)s, employee stock purchase plans, deferred compensation, and insurance are just a handful of the many benefits provided to key executives. Determining how much to save and in which vehicles to save can be complicated. We can help.
- Assistance with stock options – Stock prices are impacted by volatility, valuations, the economy and more. Determining a reasonable time to sell using some of these metrics is something we do well.
Insurance can be a key part of a well designed financial plan. We can assist with:
- Life Insurance – It’s not a fun topic. But in the event of an untimely death, life insurance can help you provide for your loved ones. We’ll figure out how much insurance you need without conflicts of interest.
- Long-term care insurance – Options are limited, and self-funding is costly. But we’ll guide you toward the right solution, both financially and personally.
- Home and Auto Insurance Review – You may have insurance that is insufficient or fragmented across several agents and companies, leaving gaps in your coverage. Let us work it out.
LACK OF DIVERSIFICATION
A diversified portfolio is a sound portfolio. We work with clients to balance investment plans that are overly concentrated in the following areas:
- Certificates of deposit – Portfolios that primarily depend on certificates of deposit rarely out-earn inflation.
- Common stocks – Working with a stockbroker? Your portfolio may be heavily invested in large U.S. companies, which often isn’t the best strategy.
- Single stock – Depending on a single stock can be risky long term, especially when the stock has appreciated greatly.